Though we have come across laser cutters being used only in industries and various engineering applications,they also can come in handy for hobbyists at homes and domestic applications. But,before I go further I will say if you’re going to buy a cheap or affordable hobby laser cutter – do NOT buy direct from China! I have tried and had a very unfortunate experience. I’ve spoken to others and have received similar stories of fraudulant activities from bad Chinese suppliers – especially on Alibaba. It’s just best to buy domestic. There is a growing demand for laser cutters and engravers in homes also. However,this has been a recent trend and there are obviously some benefits and advantages in using the right laser cutter at home. We will try and find out the various tasks that we could accomplish when we have the right laser cutter and engraver in our homes. Find an affordable CO2 laser cutter here: https://www.bosslaser.com.
What Are Laser Cutters
Laser cutters use a high powered beam which can be used to cut materials of various types sing parameters that are controlled by computers. The laser beams have the strength to vaporize,burn and melt anything that comes across its path. Hence,it is very extensively used in industries and for various other applications. As mentioned above,they are also now being used in homes for various purposes. They could be used to cut steel,aluminum,iron and other types of metals. Hence,it could be used in homes for repairing of doors,windows,and also outside the home for putting up fences and other barricades. There are some obvious advantages as far as these laser cutters and engravers are concerned.
Non-Contact And Safe Process
You could also perhaps use saws and other cutting tools for cutting through metals and also for engraving purposes. However,they are risky and there is a reasonably high chance of accidents. But when you decide to use a quality laser cutter,there is no need for direct contact and this significantly reduces the chance of accidents.
Are Fiber Laser Cutters User Friendly?
Unless you buy a laser DIRECT from China on ebay or Amazon most modern day laser cutting systems and engraving machines have software that is user friendly. You need not have to go through some special training classes to make use of them. They come with easy to understand instruction manuals. They are also light and portable easily from one place to another. In fact you can see a user friendly fiber laser cutter on Youtube. Boss Laser also has affordable machinery with surprisingly good support.
Various Uses Of Cutters And Engravers
Now that we have some basic understanding about laser cutters and engravers,it would be interesting to have a closer look at the various uses of these tools. There are quite a few such uses and we are sharing a few of them
– Model Maker Designs: Whether its wood,acrylic,or leather there’s all types of models and prototype designs that are perfect for laser cutting machines. See how to use laser cutters for model making here.
– Keychain Holders: You could use these lasers and engravers and shape wood and other metals exquisitely and come out with great looking key chains. You are limited only by your imagination as far as the design and style features are concerned.
– Wine Glasses: If you know how to cut class using laser cutters and then engrave them artistically,you can come out with some of the best wine glasses. You could even customize it with your picture and make it unique in more ways than one.
– Glass Spice Jars: You can give a new and smart look to your kitchen and take your relatives,friends and neighbors by surprise by using these laser cutting devices and engravers. You could design excellent looking glass spice jars with your name and other such details engraved in it.
– Wood Cut Puzzles: If you wish to present something unique to your children,you could use engravers and laser cutters for making wood cut puzzles. You have the liberty of letting your imagination run amuck and come out with something very special and different.